On-Demand Webinar: How to Maximize Your Productivity using Abaqus FEA® on SGI Compute Platforms
Called the "Third Industrial Revolution" by The Economist, the digitization of manufacturing and the usage of HPC hardware are revolutionizing how products are designed, tested and built. Modeling and simulation drives down costs and reduces inefficiencies, helping manufacturers to become much more competitive.
Please join AVL Powertrain Engineering, Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA and SGI for this live webinar event to learn about how AVL built a plan and roadmap to optimally run Abaqus software on its next generation HPC platform.
Project Engineer II, AVL Powertrain Engineering, Inc.
Abaqus Development Manager, Dassault Systèmes
SGI Virtual Product Development, Director, SGI
By joining this webinar, you will also receive the 22-page SGI® Technology Guide for Users of Abaqus FEA®
. This comprehensive paper covers how factors such as MPI performance, core frequency, choice of a network topology, memory and file system requirements can affect overall performance of running Abaqus on SGI platforms.
About the companies presenting:
is the world's largest privately owned and independent company for the development of powertrain systems with internal combustion engines as well as instrumentation and test systems.
AVL is acting in the following scopes of business:
- Development of Powertrain Systems: AVL develops and improves all kinds of powertrain systems and is a competent partner to the engine and automotive industry.
- Simulation: In addition, AVL develops and markets the simulation methods which are necessary for powertrain development work.
- Engine Instrumentation and Test Systems: The products of this business area comprise many of the instruments and systems required for engine and vehicle testing.
From diesel engines to electric drives, from alternative fuels to control software, from transmissions to batteries, AVL Powertrain Engineering has been supporting the automotive and mobility industries for more than 60 years.
Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA
, the Dassault Systemes brand for Realistic Simulation, delivers a scalable portfolio of realistic simulation applications, including Abaqus for Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and multiphysics simulation; Isight for design exploration and optimization; and Simulation Lifecycle Management for managing simulation data, processes, and intellectual property. Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA applications are an integral part of Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform which enables innovation and accelerates product development for world-leading manufacturing and research organizations worldwide.
delivers a unified compute and storage solution which is optimized for CAE workloads. Key benefits offered by SGI's compute platforms for Advanced Engineering Simulation workloads include:
- Simplified System Management and Administration.
- Optimized architecture to enhance system throughput and productivity.
- Unified platform which reduces complexity related to Data Management and Archival, and
- A variety of system tools to enable Web job submission, remote graphics capabilities and other tools to enhance end user productivity.
Built with the latest
Intel® Xeon® processors
With expertise in all the major Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) applications including Dassault Systèmes SIMULIA's Abaqus, SGI has delivered innovative CAE solutions to companies such as 3M, Hamilton Sundstrand, Sikorsky, Skoda, and many others.